Join my newsletter to get the latest free workouts, recipes, and motivation to slay your goals! You'll also get a FREE 7 Day Meal Plan as my gift to you!
It’s not about how hard you workout at the gym, it’s about how hard you practice self-care!
A 1-hour workout is 4% of your day, but what about the other 96%? What are you doing to intentionally uplevel your body, mindset, and wellness?
As I continue to get older and realize that fitness is not just about looking good in a bikini, I am becoming more and more aware of the habits that I do on the daily that can either be building me up or tearing me down.
Working out is just one piece of the puzzle. All other elements of our life should be well taken care of such as our sleep, emotional health, level of joy, relationships, and personal growth.
That’s why I wanted to share my top self-care routine habits that I’ve created in my life that can help you increase your happiness, health, and overall well-being.
Serves: 8 (1/2 cup couscous and 3/4 cup chicken each)
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 27 min
Move 1: Medicine Ball Burpees
Move 2: Medicine Ball Plank Jacks
Move 3: Medicine Ball Push-ups
Move 4: Kneeling Medicine ball Oblique Twist & Reach
Move 5: Medicine Ball Single Leg Hip Bridge
Move 6: Medicine Ball Frog Sit-ups
Perform each move for 45 seconds, or 12-15 reps. Repeat 2-3x.
Perform each movement for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest. Repeat the move 3-4 times before moving on to the next exercise.
Move 1: Step Ups
Move 2: Step Downs
Move 3: Step Side to Side
Move 4: Around The World Burpee Box Jumps
Move 5: Burpee Box Jumps
Sliders are an INCREDIBLE way to target your core. In this video, I show you 4 different moves to target your legs and waist for spring break!
Move 1: 4-Way Lunges
Move 2: Plank Frog Circles
Move 3: Plank Tuck & Cross Mountain Climbers
Move 4: Pike Up To Palm To Elbow Plank
Perform each move for about 8-12 reps, repeat 3x.
Okay, sorry in advance for the view...!!! LOL. Here are THREE moves that SURPRISINGLY shred your core!!!
Move 1: Turkish Getups
Move 2: C-Sit Tuck To Bicep Curl
Move 3: Plank Twist And Reach
I've been loving TURKISH GETUPS! You can use a dumbbell or kettlebell and it's a TOTAL BODY movement that combines strength AND cardio. It's a STRENGTH move because you're having to hold up the weight while getting up, making sure your core is engaged and shoulder is stable. And it's a CARDIO move because the movement of simply getting up and down from the floor totally gets your heart rate up!
The Plank twist and reach is definitely a more advanced move. EVERYTHING is working here...obliques, inner thighs, core, shoulders, and arms!
I was craving a small treat over the weekend so I decided to make these healthy and delicious Oatmeal Banana Nut Cookies! There's no added sugar (just natural sugar from the bananas) and they're super easy to whip up!
As you know, I'm all about living that 80/20 lifestyle. And if I can make that 20% a little bit healthier, I'm all about it! Just know that almost EVERY dessert has some "healthified" version of it. You just have to get a little creative in the kitchen!
I've been incorporating bands into my workout regimen and it's a whole different kind of hard from dumbbells or machines. It fires up different parts of your glutes and wakes up muscles that you probably never knew existed!
Working on the booty is definitely a MUST for both guys and ladies, especially if you're sitting at a desk all day. To avoid a saggy booty and strengthen your glutes, try these booty firing exercises that just use a resistance loop!
This video is sped up, but the most important thing about these exercises is that you go SLOW, and take time to get that mind-to-muscle connection. Really feel the contraction in every single movement to really get the most out of it!
Move 1: Pushup with leg lift
Move 2: All 4's Leg Lift
Move 3: All 4's Up & Over
Move 4: All 4's Circles
Move 5: Squat Pulse Side To Side
Move 6: Squat w/ Abductor Leg Lift
Move 7: Tap it back
Move 8: Tap it out side
Move 9: Parallel Squat Pulses
Spend about 1 minute each exercise (or 30 seconds each side)...
If you’re planning on going on a vacation this spring or summer, it’s important to keep MOST healthy habits in check so you don’t let all of your hard work wash away. In the past, I used to party, drink, and eat anything I wanted, only to feel bloated, lethargic, and crummy.
I’ll be going to Cabo next week and while I’m going to be taking a break from work and “normal life,” it doesn’t mean that I’m going to take a break with my clean eating habits and fitness.
In this blog post, I want to share some of the strategies that I’m going to use while on vacay to keep me on track with my fitness goals and STILL have a blast.
Here’s what I’m going to cover:
Trust me when I say I'm NOT a spammer - I will only send you the BEST content, that's a promise!